Battle in the North Sea (1979) watch online (quality HD 720p)

Date: 10.02.2018

Battle in the North Sea (1979)

We offer you to watch the movie Battle in the North Sea (1979), which you can enjoy in the arms of a loved one. This film is in HD quality. Less words, more movies! Watch and enjoy!

Arthur Radford wife of Admiral Arthur W.

Great battle in North Sea | 1910-1919 | Guardian Century

Booth II in command. Ranger departing for sea trials in Ranger joined the U.

Atlantic Fleet on 3 October She conducted air operations, individual ship exercises, and final acceptance trials along the eastern seaboard and in the Caribbean Sea until 20 June She then departed Norfolk, Virginia , with Naval Reserve officer candidates for a two-month cruise that took the carrier around Cape Horn.

Departing 3 January for final training in Hawaiian waters until 17 February, she next sailed as the flagship of Rear Admiral Henry H. A special weapons warfare exercise and a patrol along the southern seaboard of Japan followed.

During this first WestPac deployment, Ranger launched more than 7, sorties in support of 7th Fleet operations. She returned to San Francisco Bay 27 July. During the next 6 months, Ranger was kept in a high state of readiness through participation in exercises and coastal fleet operations.

"Josephina the Whale" Battle in the North Sea (TV Episode 1979) - Plot Summary - IMDb

Ranger departed Alameda on 9 November for brief operations off Hawaii, thence proceeded, via Okinawa, to the Philippines. When the political situation in Laos relaxed 4 May, she resumed her operations schedule with the 7th Fleet.

Refresher training out of Alameda commenced 25 March, interrupted by an operational cruise to Hawaii from 19 June to 10 July. Work on modifying the U-2 for carrier landing and take-off started in late , and one accident occurred during the carrier landing operation when the aircraft piloted by test pilot Bob Schumacher crashed.

This deployment came on the heels of the Gulf of Tonkin incident. In the following months, she helped the 7th Fleet continue its role of steady watchfulness to keep sea lanes open and stop Communist infiltration by sea.

Ranger continued air strikes on enemy inland targets until 13 April when a fuel line broke, ignited and engulfed her No. The fire was extinguished in little over an hour. There was one fatality. She and her embarked Carrier Air Wing 14 received the Navy Unit Commendation for exceptionally meritorious service during combat operations in Southeast Asia from 10 January to 6 August On 21 July , she logged her 88,th carrier landing.

From 9 to 16 October, the carrier and her air wing participated in every aspect of a major fleet combat operation. Arriving at Yokosuka on 21 November, she relieved Constellation and sailed for the Philippines on the 24th. After arriving at Subic Bay on 29 November, she made final preparations for combat operations in the Gulf of Tonkin. During the next five months, her planes hit a wide variety of targets, including ferries, bridges, airfields, and military installations.

Another welcome break in the intense pace of operations came with a call at Yokosuka during the first week of April. Ranger turned north and proceeded at full speed from the tropical waters off Vietnam to the frigid waters off North Korea.

The ship had been on the combat line in Vietnam for one month and was due to for rest and recreation.

At the conclusion of the North Korea deployment, the ship had been at sea for 65 days. The carrier stopped at the small Japanese port of Sasebo for several days, then proceeded back to combat operations. Three months of leave, upkeep and training culminated in another WestPac deployment 26 October through 17 May Moorer as commanding officer, [6] and remained so employed until 18 May During this time, the ship spent at least two extended periods on Yankee Station, the longest being 45 days, due to mechanical problems with the carrier that was to relieve her.

Upon leaving Yankee after one tour and on the way to Sasebo, Ranger was ordered to stand off the coast of Korea for three days due to North Korea forcing down a US C and holding the crew.

A day before Ranger was to leave the line she was ordered to hold on station and fly the first sorties on Cambodia. Finally leaving Yankee Station, Ranger made a fast three-day offload in Subic Bay and a two-day port call in Sasebo and back to Alameda, arriving 1 June.

Ranger spent the rest of the summer engaged in operations off the west coast, departing for her sixth WestPac cruise in late October Hours of employment remained unchanged, with one carrier on daylight hours and one on the noon to midnight schedule.

Strike emphasis was placed on the interdiction of major Laotian entry corridors to South Vietnam. She returned to Alameda 7 June , and remained in port for the rest of and the first five months of undergoing regular overhaul.

This had been delayed four months when one of the engines was disabled after Navy fireman E-3 Patrick Chenoweth dropped a heavy paint scraper into a main reduction gear, one of around two dozen acts of sabotage Ranger suffered between 7 June and 16 October In an intensified version of Operation Linebacker , bombing of North Vietnam above the 20th parallel and reseeding of the mine fields were resumed, and concentrated strikes were carried out against surface-to-air missile and antiaircraft artillery sites, enemy army barracks, petroleum storage areas, Haiphong naval and shipyard areas, and railroad and truck stations.

Navy tactical air attack sorties were centered in the coastal areas around Hanoi and Haiphong, with Navy sorties were carried out in this area. These operations ended on 29 December when the North Vietnamese returned to the peace table; on 27 January , the Vietnam cease-fire came into effect, and Oriskany, America, Enterprise, and Ranger, on Yankee Station, cancelled all combat sorties.

Her air wing was lifted aboard by giant crane in Long Beach. She spent two weeks shaking down active duty and Reserve pilots. She returned to Alameda. There were two more two week shake down cruises between January and April On 7 May she deployed again to the western Pacific. During this cruise, Ranger was again deployed to Yankee Station to participate in operations significant to the withdrawal of forces involved there.

She returned to homeport on 18 October. While in overhaul, she received significant technological upgrades to her command information systems and flight deck gear, and was fitted with Sea Sparrow missile defense systems. In March , the overhaul was completed and she began several months of shakedown cruises and sea trials for recertifications.

Ranger turned back to Subic Bay, for temporary repairs and then to Yokosuka, for full repair. Pederson was given a nonpunitive letter of censure by Vice Adm. Airman Trerice had died after being on a bread-and-water diet for three days, then taking part in punitive exercises in the correctional custody unit. The aircraft was commanded by LT Elizabeth M. In fact, one of the patches on the flight suit worn by lead actor Tom Cruise shows that his squadron was based on the Ranger.

In , filming of Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home took place on board Ranger, in port, with lights and canopies set up to mimic the Enterprise. Filming took about a week. During this cruise, Ranger relieved Midway and her carrier group in the Indian Ocean. Air cover was provided by William H.

An A-6 Intruder from VA spotted the barge, which had apparently broken loose from its mooring near a small island off the coast of Vietnam with 10 men on board.

Twenty-nine other refugees from a sinking refugee boat climbed aboard the barge when it drifted out to sea. Kennedy , Saratoga, and America in the Red Sea. In June, Ranger made an historic port visit to Vancouver, British Columbia , in conjunction with her final phase of predeployment workups. On 18 August, she entered Yokosuka, for a six-day port visit and upkeep. The next day, Ranger relieved Independence in an unusual close-aboard ceremony and along with her embarked air wing, Carrier Air Wing 2, immediately began flying patrol missions in support of the United Kingdom and United States-declared "No Fly" zone in southern Iraq: It was the first such landing on a US Navy aircraft carrier.

Ranger played a significant role in the massive relief effort for starving Somalis in Operation Restore Hope. This was the first time digital pictures were successfully transmitted from a US Navy ship at sea. Ranger being towed from Naval Base Kitsap-Bremerton at the start of her voyage to be scrapped in Brownsville, Texas Since the late s defense cuts, Ranger did not undergo the Service Life Extension Program SLEP modernization process as did her three sisters and the later Kitty Hawk-class ships, and by the early s, her material condition was declining.

Both the outgoing Bush and incoming Clinton administrations recommended cuts to the defense budget, so the retirement of Ranger, along with her sisters Forrestal and Saratoga, was put forth. This decommissioning came instead of a refit scheduled for the same year. A petition on Change. The hope was that Ranger could be located in Long Beach harbor as a museum. International Shipbreaking will pay to tow her around South America, through the Straits of Magellan , as Ranger is too big to fit through the Panama Canal.

The tow began on 5 March from the inactive ships maintenance facility, Bremerton, Washington, to Brownsville.

International Shipbreaking is expecting to make a profit from Ranger after the costs of the tow and the actual dismantling of the ship. Newspapers went so far as to repeat the local speculation that the ship was there to provide security for President Obama.

The scrapping process was completed on 1 November , though more than five tons of historic items from the ship were preserved for display at the USS Lexington Museum.